Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Dear Anderson Silva; Fight or go home! (UPDATED)

Who will be Anderson Silva's next opponent after the crap he pulled at UFC 112????
THIS MAN:

Chael Sonnen is now Anderson Silva's next hurdle...but this time the pressure is on!

While being interviewed by ESPN, UFC President Dana White declared;
"He's got a real tough fight coming up. His next fight's going to be against Chael Sonnen, and Chael Sonnen's one of these guys who's not going to lay back, not do what these other guys (did),"

Dana White concluded with the interview with some more bold words about Silva;
"If he ever acts like that again in the ring, I will cut him," said the UFC president. "I don't care if he's the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. I don't care if he is the middleweight champion. I will cut him, absolutely."

There was no date announced for the Silva vs. Sonnen match-up, but it's likely for a summertime affair between the two middleweight competitors.

CHAEL had some words of his own about Anderson Silva;

"It was hard to watch…I didn’t watch the whole thing, but I tried. I saw the beginning and I saw the end. I was having plenty of conversations during it, I’m in the same boat as the rest of the world. Who cares? Nobody cares about Anderson Silva."

"He talked about retiring and nobody cared. He talked about going heavyweight and nobody cared. Now he talks about going to 205, and nobody cares! I did an autograph signing with Anderson Silva, there was a line around the building to get to my room. You could have heard a rat piss on cotton in his room! Nobody was in there. Nobody cares about Anderson Silva, it’s the hardest sell in the world. Nobody shows up to see him. If BJ Penn wasn’t on that card that building’s empty Saturday night."

"I’ve stuck my finger in this guy’s chest for 3 and a half years and he’s fought everyone in the world that isn’t named Chael Sonnen. I can’t tell you what a nuisance he is. This isn’t like some exciting thing to get to fight him, it’s just truly an annoyance, and I’m looking forward to it being over with just so I can move on and be done with the jerk."


(some info used from mmaweekly)

No comments:

Post a Comment