Monday, April 19, 2010

Strikeforce drama!

Did you see this?  There was some "unusual" drama at this weekend's Strikeforce.  Here is Champion Jake Shields talking about his win over legend Dan Henderson, but also commenting on brawl with Jasom Mayhem Miller.


So did you see the brawl? Ok, here it is. WOW!


Sunday, Miller issued this apology;

"I would like to formally apologize to CBS, Strikeforce, and all fans of mixed martial arts for my role in the events following the Strikeforce: Nashville event," said Miller. "In retrospect, my timing could not have been worse to ask for my rematch with Jake Shields, and I take full responsibility for entering the cage and setting off a chain of events that cast a dark shadow on the sport.


I've been a fighter and a fan of MMA for over 12 years, and would never do anything to intentionally tarnish the sport I've given my life to. In the excitement of the moment I let my emotions run high and made a bad choice that resulted in a debacle, for that, I sincerely apologize."

No word yet from the Tennessee Athletic Commission or the promotion about possible punishment or sanctions against any of the fighters involved in Saturday's melee.

(some info used and taken from mmaweekly)

No comments:

Post a Comment