Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Kenny Flo out of UFC Fight for the Troops with injury


Kenny Florian's is out of the UFC "Fight for the Troops 2" with a knee injury.  Melvin Guillard steps in to face Evan Dunham.

Kenny Florian's statement;
"It is with deep regret that I will not be able to compete in my scheduled fight against Evan Dunham on January 22nd, due to a knee injury I sustained during training this morning. Although I have not had an MRI as of yet; the doctors are cautiously optimistic that it will not require surgery. I want to express my sincere apologies to the fans, the UFC and Evan for not being able to compete at UFC Fight Night 23: Fight for the Troops 2. Since early September, I have been training for this fight. Evan is a great fighter and has undoubtedly been working very hard towards this fight as well. Plus, it is a big disappointment that I will not be able to fight in the octagon for the brave soldiers that fight for us. I am determined to return to the octagon in the first half on 2011. Accordingly, I will keep you all updated."

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment