Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dana White and Oscar De La Hoya Create a Bromance On Twitter




Oscar De La Hoya, hall of fame bound boxer/Golden Boy Promotions president was just tweeting about how he was giving away tickets to the Juan Manuel Marquez vs Michael Katsidis fight as well as a meet and greet with himself to the winner of the contest he was just about to ask the question for.

Then all of a sudden UFC president Dana White responded via Twitter back at Oscar saying this sounds awfully familiar. Obviously implying that Oscar was taking the generous publicity stunt contest ideas that White is often known for when he gives away UFC tickets.

So hoping that Oscar would fire back and Dana and say something clever like, "I'm the Golden Boy b*tch!", I was anxiously waiting for Oscar's reply back to Dana. Unfortunately it was a complete 180 degrees from what I was hoping for. Oscar tweeted back that he was just learning from the master at Dana White. Which was a flattering way of saying I'm stealing your ideas.

I then tweeted to Dana White saying: KingJ323 @danawhite "someone biting ya style?"

Dana White then tweeted back to Oscar: @OscarDeLaHoya "you are the one that can fix boxing."


Harry How/Getty Images I then tweeted to Oscar: KingJ323 @OscarDeLaHoya @danawhite "well Arum and King are pushing like 90yrs old. Oscar will be the king of the world in matter of years"

Oscar tweeted back: @danawhite "you have always done a great job, goldenboy has there hands tied up because of other promoters soon I will get same valuation."

Dana replied: @OscarDeLaHoya "I hear u. Everyone knows I am a boxing fan and will be watching. Good to see you on twitter! Welcome".

Oscar responded: @danawhite "let's talk I have some great ideas as I'm sure you do as well."

Dana then says: @OscarDeLaHoya "let's do it. Just got back from london and in vegas then to LA. Follow me and I will dm u and swap numbers."

Oscar tweets back:@danawhite "let's do it I'll call your office I just landed in Canada I'll be in la next week."

Dana then finally ends the very awkward yet public conversation with: @OscarDeLaHoya "perfect, see you soon."

For the record Oscar De La Hoya has 11,887 followers and just only 65 tweets as he just became active again on Twitter.

Dana White has 1,212,576 followers and has tweeted over 5,000 times.

[source]

No comments:

Post a Comment