Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Exclusive Interview with UFC Fighter Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy



I first met Dan Hardy over email in 2006. We talked sponsorship when I was with an MMA Apparel brand.

I started looking at footage of his previous fights in England and Japan. I knew instantly his career would take off. He just has what it takes.

We met up in Hollywood, California at Legends MMA Gym. I instantly liked him. His humility and attitude really impressed me. I expected a cocky Brit, but instead met a all around nice guy that just loved to fight and the sport of MMA.

Now for the interview with UFC Fighter Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy -

Kekai:
How and when did you get your nickname, "The Outlaw"?

Dan Hardy:
"It was the name I used when I signed up to the Cagewarriors forum. I was looking for training partners as I had recently fallen out with my old coach. He had told all of my previous training partners not to train with me anymore. The whole Robin Hood connection was why it stuck though I think, with me being from Nottingham."

Kekai:Who do you attribute your success to as an MMA Fighter?

Dan Hardy:"To my team and my coaches, Owen Comrie has been with me from the start, Nathan Leverton joined later but is also my other main coach. I have had a lot of help throughout my career from hundreds of people, too many to mention, of course myself also....for getting my ass out of bed and to the gym every day!"

Kekai:Who is your all time favorite UFC Fighter?

Dan Hardy:"Damn....! Difficult question! There are so many fighters that I love watching, it would be hard to pick one. I'll give you a short list; Jense Pulver, Vitor Belfort, Pat Miletich."

Kekai:
What is one thing in life you want to accomplish?

Dan Hardy:"To be a good person that always had his priorities right....and win the UFC Welterweight Title!"

Kekai:Name one thing about yourself that the public does not yet know about...

Dan Hardy:"I have more legos than Legoland and I still get a small box at Christmas, it's a tradition!"

Kekai:
After your last fight with Marcus Davis, what do you think of him?

Dan Hardy:"I am completely indifferent to him, onwards and upwards. I'm looking forward to watching him fight in the future."

Kekai:
Who are you wanting to fight next and in the future?

Dan Hardy:"I really don't mind, I'm just waiting to see who the UFC chooses for me."

Kekai:
What do you like to do for fun, outside of the gym?

Dan Hardy:
"I watch the UFC, of course! I listen to all kinds of music, from metal and hardcore to ska and reggae. I watch ice hockey and football (american), and i love muscle cars! I'm shopping for one at the moment but my dream car is a '69 Camaro SS."

Kekai:When will we see you in the octagon next??

Dan Hardy:"I have no idea just yet, the UFC only knows that."

It was an honor to do an interview with UFC Fighter, Dan Hardy. He has proven himself to be a force to be reckoned within the Welterweight Division in the UFC and we look forward this explosive competitor stepping in the octagon again soon!
The rumor is that Dan will fight in the next UFC event that will be held in the UK, which is scheduled for November 14th. But again....that's just a rumor.




*Thank you UFC Fighter Dan "The Outlaw" Hardy and Ian Dean for your time! - Kekai MMA

No comments:

Post a Comment