Monday, July 13, 2009

UFC 100 Payouts and Commentary...





First, check it out - http://sherdog.com/news/news/lesnar-st-pierre-lead-ufc-100-payouts-18495

The UFC is making positive strides in paying the fighters better. One day, I'm wondering if MMA fighters will be unionized???

Why did Brock Lesnar make $400k and Frank Mir $45k???? Seriously? What the hell??? I wonder if Frank Mir made the UFC over $45,000 in Pay-Per-View revenue. I believe so........Dear Dana White, step up to the plate, pay ALL your fighters fairly and stop being a retard please. Thanks, Kekai.

I'm loving that Dan Henderson knocked out Mike Bisping. I do like Bisping, but his mouth and ego have grown to the size of Africa. Plus, Dan Henderson is from Temecula and let's face it, we like the fighters we can associate ourselves with.

Akiyama - Although I do like Akiyama, I really don't think he should have won to be honest. I counted, looked closely (I used to ref too) and counted Belcher as the winner.

Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar - I am so bummed I didn't see this fight. I like both fighters, but I lean towards Bonnar. Coleman is a pioneer in MMA, but I think it's time to hang up the gloves. I guess if he's still winning, why stop though? I met Stephan Bonnar in 2005 and thought he was a nice guy with no ego.

Shannon Gugerty - I took a class at the Boxing Club years ago where he helped teach. My impression of him was that he was a nice guy and very talented. It was obvious he was well respected in The Boxing Club. I later saw him fight in local San Diego venue, Total Combat, multiple times and rooted for him. It's good to see a local guy do well in the UFC.

Overall, it was an awesome UFC. One of the best I've seen.

According to figures calculated by MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com), UFC 100's estimated gate currently ranks tied for second in the 16-year history of the organization. The top five now includes:

UFC 66 (Liddell vs. Ortiz II): $5,397,300 gate (12,191 attendance)
UFC 83 (St. Pierre vs. Serra II): $5,100,000 gate (21,390 attendance)
UFC 100 (Lesnar vs. Mir II): $5,100,000 gate (11,000)*
UFC 79 (St. Pierre vs. Hughes): $4,994,050 gate (9,704 attendance)
UFC 91 (Couture vs. Lesnar): $4,815,675 gate (13,224 attendance)

(information used from yahoo sports > UFC - http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=Agz8GrbPQs6.lKJ0X3p61SI9Eo14?slug=mmajunkie-UFC100_draws&prov=mmajunkie&type=lgns)

No comments:

Post a Comment