Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Frank Mir wants Brock Lesnar to be the first to DIE IN THE OCTAGON!


Frank Mir’s seemingly unhealthy obsession with UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, has just reached a new low. In a recent radio interview, Mir took his hatred towards the champion to a new level, stating he wants Brock Lesnar to be the first person to die in the octagon.

A lot of individuals are so worried about being politically correct,” Mir said in an interview on WXDX radio. “I’d rather go ahead and say what’s on my mind than to sit there and come up with some PC, ‘Oh, the guy is a great fighter and I have a lot of respect for him’. If I don’t mean it, why is it even coming out of my mouth? I want to fight Lesnar. I hate who he is as a person. I want to break his neck in the ring. I want him to be the first person that dies due to Octagon-related injuries. That’s what’s going through my mind.”

Whether his comments were said with a degree of tongue in cheek, or his way of building up a future third meeting between the two, remarks of this nature are not only out of line, but disrespectful to the sport of MMA.

Zuffa, along with other notable organizations, have worked hard to distance themselves from the barbaric days of old, and comments like these do nothing further this assessment. Mir, who regularly speaks of honor and sportsmanship, has reached beyond normal trash talk with comments of this nature.

Whats even worse is prior to his comments about wanting to end Lesnar’s life in the octagon; Mir spoke of role models in MMA. “He doesn’t like me and I can guarantee, you talk to anybody in my family, it’s a legitimate hate,” Mir said of Lesnar. “His very being bugs me just because I’ve seen a lot of children out there who look to athletes and martial artists as role models, and it just makes me cringe. I sit there and go, ‘Man, I lost to this guy the second time around and now people think that’s the way to be big, obnoxious and angry.’ That’s not right. We have anger toward each other. Everything I stand for he despises and dislikes, and I can tell you I truly do not like him as a person whatsoever.”

Its comments like these that completely justify Lesnar’s reaction after their last meeting at UFC 100. Lesnar took a lot of backlash for his after fight antics, with reports belittling the champion for his WWE type celebration. And its comments like these that would justify the same reaction, if and when, the two meet again.

However, prior to Mir getting his hands on Lesnar, he first has to get past the behemoth of a man, in Shane Carwin, the man he called a “better version of Lesnar.” Mir said, “He poses the same threat as Brock does as far as his wrestling ability, but Carwin has knocked out several people now, no one has made it past the first round with this guy.”

Maybe Mir should concentrate on his upcoming match up with Carwin at UFC 111, rather than obsessing over the guy behind the guy.


(article written by jason polley of fiveouncesofpain....nice work bro.)

No comments:

Post a Comment