Friday, March 5, 2010

Is Fedor fighting again soon or what?!?!


Recently, Strikeforce's CEO Scott Coker was asked about when Fedor was fighting next. He had this to say about Fedor and promotional company M-1 Global;

"I can tell you this: we've been having really good dialogue with M-1 Global and (M-1 Global president) Vadim Finkelchtein, and I think we're in the final stages of buttoning everything up to make that happen again," Coker said. "I think we'll have an announcement soon on that, but I feel very confident we'll be promoting Fedor here in the near future."

"When I dealt with companies in Japan (during my time with K-1), it's the same thing," Coker said. "You have cultural differences, and you have expectations. When expectations and the cultural differences meet with the cultural differences here and the expectations of an American company, sometimes there's some differences, and there's some things that we needed to button up.


"We're at the 11th hour of getting this done, and I think in a couple of days we'll have something to announce."

When critisized about surrounding Strikeforce around Fedor, as his biggest contract fighter, Coker comments;

"Our company is not built off of one athlete," Coker said. "Our company, we have some amazing athletes on our roster now, and we've got some of the best fighters in the world. I think they can compete against anybody. Fedor is an amazing athlete. I've followed his career for many years. Fedor is Fedor, and he's an amazing asset, but our company is not built financially off of just one guy.


"Believe me, my guys are very smart about building a model that works for us and works for M-1 Global. I think that we're at that point where that had to be looked at. We looked at it. We're not going to put all of our eggs into one basket and roll the dice with one guy. We're built for longevity. This is not a sprint; this is going to be a long-distance race."


(information mostly from mmajunkieeee)

No comments:

Post a Comment